Currently Looking For, In-Office
Contract Admin/ Billing & Accounts Receivable Assistant
This position will closely review contract documents, review incoming and outgoing correspondence, and maintain and organizing physical and electronic contract files. In addition, this position will assist with accounts receivables by processing and monitoring incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a gatekeeper and maintain active job folder containing all contracts, job documents, subcontractor agreements, and job correspondence.
- Execution and tracking of purchase orders (Pos) and subcontractor agreements.
- Maintenance and compliance of subcontractor certificates of insurance (COI).
- Responsible for Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) programs compliance to include reporting and tracking.
- On public construction projects, assist with verification of subcontractor’s quantities vs. pay estimate quantities.
- Responsible for requesting, transmitting, and tracking submittals for public (MDOT Material Management System) and private projects through acceptance.
- Assist with the coordination of monthly accounts receivable sub-ledger close process.
- Help process all invoices and credit memos, ensuring that are proper and processed timely.
- Assist with generating AIA forms for timely customer billing based on accurate quantities.
- Assist with validation of contract estimates received and recorded accordingly.
- Help ensure accurate retention amounts are being held and retention bills are released to customer as per agreement in contract.
- Assist Project Managers with ensuring timely extra work billing.
- Assist with the processing of change orders through conversion to billings and billing items.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in business, civil engineering, math preferred. High School diploma plus relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an administrative support role.
- Must be PC proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Viewpoint Construction Software or another ERP system a plus.
- Knowledge of road and site construction industry a plus.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Prefer ability to read blueprints