In conjunction with GM/Demolition and VP/Chief Estimator, perform Business Development functions to generate new business opportunities for company. Responsible for accurate bidding of public and private jobs. Collaborate with Project Management and Operations to ensure negotiated estimate, scope of work, terms/conditions/exclusions and clarifications to contract are upheld.
- Continually identifies and develops relationships with strategic targets to generate new business opportunities.
- Preparation of Estimates
- Coordinate with assistant estimators in the preparation of quantity takeoffs,
- Create and submit a job specific contract proposal.
Proposal Follow Up
- After submission of the contract proposal, engage the client in discussions to answer questions and gain feedback regarding scope and pricing relative to client’s budget or competing proposals.
- Secure a commitment from the client to perform the proposed work.
Contract Administration/Project Handoff
- Finalize contract to arrive at mutually acceptable terms and conditions.
- Maintain connection with project during construction.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of subsequent changes.
- Coordinate with accounting department with respect to accurate cost accounting and forecasting.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology or Engineering preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of public and private estimating experience in demolition (interior/exterior) and crushing/screening.
- Mid Atlantic, multi state estimating experience preferred.
- Must have solid experience with Estimating software (prefer Heavybid) and blueprint reading.
- Proven track record of establishing profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience training/supervising Assistant Estimators/Take-off functions.
- Solid math and science skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while delivering excellent quality and profitable estimates
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and with teams
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Microsoft Dynamics CMR skills are a plus