Currently Looking For, In-Office
The Assistant Estimator provides support to Estimators in quantity of take-off, estimating software, reading plans and specs and bidding.
- Perform quantity take-off for Earthwork, Sediment & Erosion Control, Storm Water Management, Storm Drain and Paving.
- Utilize HCSS and Agtek.
- Review plans and specifications for take-off purposes.
- Create HCSS bid items, enter quantities, validate and provide reports to estimators.
- Keep Estimators apprised of problems/concerns; review vendor/subcontractor quotes and enter pricing information.
- Solicit vendors for material quotes and subcontractors for job pricing.
- Review vendor quotes and order materials.
- Review approved plans looking for changes from the Bid set.
- Provide the Estimating/Operations/Accounting Liaison with Vendor quotes.
- Review Code Sheet for quantities, arrange for fabrication and delivery of materials.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma with strong math and science classes
- Associate’s or Bachelors’ degrees in business, civil engineering, math preferred. Relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
- Must be PC proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Viewpoint Construction Software or another ERP system a plus.
- Knowledge of road and site construction industry a plus.
- Solid math and science skills.
- Prefer ability to read blue prints