Currently Looking For, Shop/Mechanics
Diesel Truck Mechanic
Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of construction vehicles, machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of vehicles, machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by scheduling and performance of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Trade school desirable. Minimum of five (5) years of direct experience working in a shop.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. CDL a plus.