Currently Looking For, On-Site
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
- Grades and levels base of trench, using tamping machine and hand tools.
- Lays out route of pipe, following written instructions or blueprints.
- Lays pipes in trenches and welds, cements, glues, or otherwise connects pieces together.
- Taps and drills holes into pipe to introduce auxiliary lines or devices.
- Checks slope, using carpenter’s level or lasers.