Currently Looking For, In-Office
The Estimator will work in conjunction with the VP/Chief Estimator to perform business development functions to generate new business opportunities for the company. This position is also responsible for accurate bidding of public and private jobs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continually identify and develop relationships with strategic targets to generate new business opportunities.
- Coordinate with assistant estimators in the preparation of quantity takeoffs for use in preparing cost estimates.
- Utilize estimating software to assigns requisite labor, equipment, material, subcontractor cost and productions to formulate an accurate cost estimate to be incorporated into a contract proposal.
- Create and submit a job specific contract proposal.
- Engage clients in discussions to answer questions and gain feedback regarding scope and pricing relative to client’s budget or competing proposals.
- Secure a commitment from the client to perform the proposed work based on the original estimate and the contract proposal.
- Finalize contract to arrive at mutually acceptable terms and conditions by which the work will be performed and paid for.
- Maintain connection with project during construction to ensure that the work is performed in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Operations to ensure negotiated estimate, scope of work, terms/conditions/exclusions and clarifications to contract are upheld.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of subsequent changes to the work including extra work and change orders.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology or Engineering preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of public and private estimating experience in the heavy civil/road construction field.
- Mid Atlantic, multi state estimating experience preferred
- Must have solid experience with Estimating software (prefer Heavybid) and blueprint reading.
- Proven track record of establishing profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience training/supervising Assistant Estimators/Take-off functions.