As we all work to navigate the challenging times our country and world are facing, Gray & Son is making every effort to keep our workforce safe and limit exposure while continuing to do the important construction work our communities depend on. Construction has been classified as an essential business in Maryland, in line with federal guidelines, and we will work hard to keep our projects moving while also prioritizing the safety of our employees.
We have long put safety first at Gray & Son, and these added challenges will not change that, as we put in place new practices to follow the guidelines that have been set for social distancing and sanitizing. We are taking many actions to reduce interaction and the exposure of our employees, including but not limited to:
- Restricting office access to only essential personnel
- Implementing telework and conducting call-in meetings where possible and working out IT access and details quickly
- When in-person meetings are necessary, putting appropriate social distancing practices in place
- Emphasizing good hygiene and making hand soap and sanitizers available in the office and on job sites as we are able to obtain supplies
- Maintaining six feet of distance between crew members whenever possible
- Encouraging any employee with symptoms to stay home
On that note, we have reminded our employees of the many health benefits available to them, including access to Teledoc. Employees enrolled in any of our health care plans plus their covered dependents can consult with a physician free on via phone, video chat or online.
As we continue to monitor this situation, we will update this post with additional information. As a family owned business, Gray & Son is committed to doing our part to protect the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our communities. We are wishing our employees, customers, vendors and partners, as well as our communities as a whole, good health and strength during this time.